More images from the film lab (aka, the darkroom)

Though the first two end up looking essentially the same, I found it easier to work with the lower contrast scan and had more flexibility in how much or little contrast I wanted.

This, by the way, it not trying to prove anything one way or another. It's just data and experimentation, and since you're trying to figure out ways to scan, I thought it might be useful.

Leonore, you are making promises for months now, that you will start wet printing. And ?

Leonore, you are making promises for months now, that you will start wet printing. And ?

Oh honey, I never promised I'd be starting soon! I just said I wanted to start someday :) I can't right now. I don't have the time, the money for equipment, or the space at the moment. It's going to take me a while longer before I can even think about starting. The only thing I can do is the occasional direct positive and I haven't even done one of those in a very long time.

.....I can't right now. I don't have the time, the money for equipment, ..........

So this means you don't even have the hardware? I fancy I know where you can get a darkroom for free.

Oh honey, I never promised I'd be starting soon! I just said I wanted to start someday :) I can't right now. I don't have the time, the money for equipment, or the space at the moment. It's going to take me a while longer before I can even think about starting. The only thing I can do is the occasional direct positive and I haven't even done one of those in a very long time.
AAOOAA ?!?! I thought the same as Sparky. :sour:

.....I can't right now. I don't have the time, the money for equipment, ..........

So this means you don't even have the hardware? I fancy I know where you can get a darkroom for free.

Nope. No enlarger or lenses for me :(

You both realize I'll probably be developing prints in Caffenol, right? :D

If that will be FB paper, why not !

I mean hardware... enlarger, neg board, lens, trays, timer, safelight, etc. The soup and paper is probably not included (considering with many free darkrooms that stuff is from the Nixon years).

If that will be FB paper, why not !

I mean hardware... enlarger, neg board, lens, trays, timer, safelight, etc. The soup and paper is probably not included (considering with many free darkrooms that stuff is from the Nixon years).

He was just responding to my Caffenol comment :)

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd..........

a wet print:

20150930_205935.jpg

You did it ! :guitar:
Print in this photo looks so much better, than the scan ! The staircase structure has much more texture to it, the wall to, however there are still some very white places on it. Maybe just it is the wall, with white areas strongly reflecting the light. I think pulling the negative during development would tame a bit that reflectance. Sometimes such a mumbo-jumbo is needed. Maybe you should use colder developer, maybe one working very softly like D23.
Now, out of curiosity, is the print made on warm paper, or the brownish tint is created dy digital camera ?

Tint is from fluorescent lighting. My phone's flash is too blue.

But the real print would look good in sepia.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back