More news from Nikon

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think Nikon is finally making good decisions.

Good for them!

That's funny
"Nikon has no plans for closing domestic or overseas manufacturing plants at the present time."
Which mean, 10 seconds later, they'll close one or more at some point. Common executive language to keep the manufacturing people from splitting.

"Nikon still wants to develop a high-end compact camera."
so ... keep kicking a dead horse ?? Has anyone mentioned the term "DL" to them ?
or maybe their own statement "Nikon will concentrate their resources on medium to high-end DSLR cameras and lenses as well as mirrorless cameras."

Very concerning language they're using if you ask me. There is a double meaning to every statement that is being made, ive seen this type of stuff before in other sectors. My heart goes out to all the workers right now, hope they are looked after and done right by their officials.

I wonder will they build there mirrorless to take current FX lenses.

I am sure the volume of camera will go down drastically, the D3xxx is probably going to go away, great camera but doubt Nikon made much money there.
D6xx is also probably going to disappear.
I am just guessing but I think we shall see "basic" DX a D5xxx or other name
D7300 will be higher end DX and D500 sports
FX we shall see D750 replacement which will cost around the 2K-2.5K and will be a downgraded D8xx focused at outdoors, general use and events while the D8xx will remain flagship with full fro body and high MP sensor mainly for studio and landscape work.
5D will not change much.

As for mirrorless all I can say is I hope they got the fact MFT is not the way to go, DX and FX is a must, I think there will be an adaptor to use all the F mounted "G" (with auto) and new lenses will be developed for these systems

5D will not change much.

As for mirrorless all I can say is I hope they got the fact MFT is not the way to go, DX and FX is a must, I think there will be an adaptor to use all the F mounted "G" (with auto) and new lenses will be developed for these systems
Isn't the 5D a Canon rather than a Nikon???

I hope nikon goes with their DX sensors for their mirrorless. Their 24mp DX sensor in a smaller mirrorless camera would be awesome. They could even keep the same camera mount.

Sent via Synchronized Cardioversion

I hope Nikon looks at their sales volume, the competition and their sales and identify the specifications that are selling, irregardless of higher end camera customers and their desires.

They can also look at sharing more components across cameras to lower total costs.

They have to keep certain lines. If someone buys a lower cost alternative those people are more than likely to stay with that brand. Thus keeping the d3x00 series is probably paramount. Or maybe come out with a D4x00 with a low price point and drop the d3x00 and d5x00. Maybe even drop the d7x00 and keep the d500.

Either way, they have a lot of anchors on the lower end which continually gets decimated by cell phones. Who knows until they determine sales and their customer targets.

Just seems to confirm that Nikon's brass finally got a firm hold on the obvious.

Last edited:
5D will not change much.

Meant D5

5D will not change much.

Meant D5
Ha ha! I shoulda been able to decipher that. Given the cost of that amazing device (more than my first three cars, combined), I just don't give it a lot of thought!

And yes, cars cost a lot less in the 1970s- especially used ones that high school boys drove. ;)

so ... keep kicking a dead horse ?? Has anyone mentioned the term "DL" to them ?
You think that DL was "high end" ? Whats then a Leica Q or a Fuji X100 to you ?

You think that DL was "high end" ? Whats then a Leica Q or a Fuji X100 to you ?
I Do believe we are talking about Nikon's Lineup in different categories of *Nikon* cameras.

Yes exactly.

Nikons only attempt at a highend compact so far was the Coolpix A.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back