tim.bennett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

This is another shot of my sister taken last year. Would have preferred some extra light more light on her face. but it was a very spontaneous shot.

2052176774_07fe2748cf_b.jpg

I think the white balance is a little off and the composition is not all that interesting but I think overall, it's an acceptable picture.

schumionbike is right.
your camera is seeing the cold sunlight to set WB and exposure but your subject is in the even colder shadow. Thus subject is underexposed and the WB is even colder.

this has lots of warming filter applied but the loss of detail due to underexposure is not really recoverable.

Nice picture, tho.

coldhq2.jpg

I disagree re: colouring - looks like that typical pale and rosy cheeked Irish/Scottish skin, to me.

Cute picture, as the above poster said, she looks like she's up too no good. ;)

Whatever the calibration - or not - of your monitor, Photoshop (or PSP) can give you a good idea of the color balance of your image and how it compares with some standards.

This page is quite informative, giving a PS technique to achieve a good skin color balance. Looking at their examples will also give you an idea if your monitor is well-calibrated.
http://www.smugmug.com/help/skin-tone

Most reactions

Back