more pictures from my new shooting table.

John_05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i got a shooting table at a thrift store here for $17, and have been trying to put it to good use. after practicing with it on a couple other things around the house, i took these shots of some ornaments i just got.

59d4c9ee.jpg

5f8518e7.jpg

0e726bb8.jpg

any comments, critique, or suggestions anyone has would be most appreciated.

they look good, perhaps a little too bright, but if i were in the market for umm... dragon ornaments, i'd buy one if you were selling them, they look very desirable and colorful!

I love the light and the art. Definitely cut the tags off. I would also figure out a way to hang or stand them up. They look a little dead laying there.

Love & Bass

I love the light and the art. Definitely cut the tags off. I would also figure out a way to hang or stand them up. They look a little dead laying there.

Love & Bass

thanks for the tips. i plan on shooting them again. the shots were more for practice than anything.

they are collectibles, so i wont be cutting the tags off, but i did think about cloning them out. i might do that later and repost them.

Can you post a photo of the table? I'd love to see what you "stole" at a thrift shop. It looks good!

Can you post a photo of the table? I'd love to see what you "stole" at a thrift shop. It looks good!

i posted this in another thread and intended to post it here with these pictures too, but i forgot to add it.

had i not helped a friend put her table together a couple months ago, i wouldnt have even known what mine was when i saw it in the box. it wasnt assembled and there were no instructions. i think thats why the place i got it from didnt know what it was either.

b61cdbac.jpg

I like them a lot, only thing I would do is diffuse the main light a little and block some of your reflections from other objects. Then you can have more direction on the overall look. Pretty cool setup !!!!

thanks for the tips Thorhammer.

i meant to do some more shooting with it today, and just got too busy. i have some ideas i want to try, but ill have to wait until tomorrow now.

I Know it might be unconventional since the lights are not polarized but I would try a polarizing filter, i did a transilluminated shot recently and liked what the filter did. to the saturation and fill of the shot

I Know it might be unconventional since the lights are not polarized but I would try a polarizing filter, i did a transilluminated shot recently and liked what the filter did. to the saturation and fill of the shot

i actually thought about using the CP filter i have and reshooting them once i saw how the ones i posted looked. i changed my mind though. i still only have the kit lens that came with my Rebel XT, and a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro lenses, and coupled with a cheap filter, i dont think the shots would have come out too sharp.

Thats a wicked little set up.
Does anyone know how I could possibly make my own. Im quite a creative person and have all sorts of craft materials. I also have a bit of a poorly paid job and cant afford to buy one.

Any ideas, please let me know.

Thats a wicked little set up.
Does anyone know how I could possibly make my own. Im quite a creative person and have all sorts of craft materials. I also have a bit of a poorly paid job and cant afford to buy one.

Any ideas, please let me know.

ive seen a couple different sites where people made their own from PVC pipe, and before i found that one, i was going to have my brother build me one out of wood. neither of those options would have been as cheap as the one i found, and after having a look at Ebay, i dont think they would have been as cheap as the one i found there either. the PVC pipe alone would have cost around $25, and just the clamps for the base on Ebay were about $20+ shippping too. add in the cost of the plastic top, and its well over the $65 you can get one on Ebay for and you wouldnt have an adjustable angle for the back, and you also wouldnt have 2 light fixture clamps to hold lights on the table for you either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Professional-No...ryZ79006QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if youre still interested in building one yourself, i can see if i can find those sites again for you.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
wut camera r u using?

the one i used for the dragon pics, is a Canon Rebel XT.

the one i used to shoot the set up, is a Fuji E510.

Are you using only one light?

Also what type of bulb are you using?

Thanks in advance.

Most reactions

Back