More questions.....

Southerngal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lil info first....doing a wedding Sat for a friend (for free). She wasnt going to have anyone before me......that said....I will be taking pics before the wedding (330 pm) at an outdoor location. The area is semi-shaded. I will be using a reflector....do also NEED to use fill flash....is it a must? or should the reflector be enough to rid the shadows? and if I use my flash, should I also use a diffuser?

and the wedding will be a 6 indoors, but not at a church....it is actually going to be at a renovated train depot. I have already posted questions about the subject....have one more. I will be using a faster lense as suggested...50mm f/1.8...I will be able to use my flash...should I? If I did, would the diffuser help at all?

If you have some time shoot a variety. Use the reflector, put them in shadow with a brighter background and use some fll-flash, do some with the diffuser, some without. Really just shoot as much as you have time for the more pics you get the better and while you are firing away you might get more ideas. I mean don't take 100 pics of the same pose but if yo uhave enough memory use it if you don't, get more.

Sorry looking again at your post I see when you said diffuser you meant on your flash. You should always use this it will soften up what is a very harsh light coming from your flash.

I would not bother to use a diffuser when using the flash as fill...especially outdoors when you may need all the flash power you can get (diffusers eat up flash power).

A reflector is nice but if you are taking group shots, you would need a really large surface to reflect enough light, so flash would be the way to go. A flash can help to add catch lights to people's eyes as well. I usually like to set a negative FEC (flash exposure compensation).

A fast lens is great, you may have the option to not use your flash if there is enough light. If you want to use your flash, a fast lens can help you get a good balance of flash and ambient light. Use your FEC to adjust the flash output.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back