More Snow

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
30+ inches in two days. May be a little "first year photo student", but I could not resist. Thoughts on these would be helpful.

tables9fv.jpg

snotinyflower9ki.jpg

The first one dosn't do much for me becides make my but cold but I reall like the second one! It reminds me of the part in the movie mulan (disney kids one) where the opposing soldiers are covered by an avolanche but then at the most unopportune moment start popping up from under the snow.

What ever is under there is hard to keep down.
I like it.

I'd probably prefer the first, but without the small tree trunks in the back. It would look great cropped out IMO. :)

I think that the second picture is too simple.

Diggin' on #1. Almost abstract if not for the fact that you know exactly what it is. Good pic. #2 is ringing a bit hollow for me composition wise, but it's execution is great. Fine detail after allowing for the fact that the scanner's probably mucked about with the quality. Again #1 is a keeper, for me. :)

I prefer #1, with or without the trees. That's a LOT of snow! Nice composition.

The second one has nice texture, but the subject matter doesn't appeal to me.

I agree, if you can remove the trees the first would be a lot better. The second one does nothing for me.

lizheaemma said:
The first one dosn't do much for me becides make my but cold but I reall like the second one!

ditto! I really like the second pic

Thanks for the comments gang!!! I am a sucker for repeating shapes; the trees kill that theory. Removing them would not be a problem. I am not sure if cloning them out is morally correct.

Most reactions

Back