More Stormy Desert Pics...

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these the same day as these --> [thread=59053]Early Morning Storm in the Desert[/thread]

1. There are a few pools stair-stepped... i just couldn't get up high enough... :|
IMG_7639share.jpg

2. Little bit of vertigo standing on the edge of this thing...
IMG_7636share.jpg

3. Mud at the bottom
IMG_7661share.jpg

4. Snap of the storm rolling in at sunrise... (see another edit below)
IMG_7627share.jpg

That last one! :shock:

WOW!

Do you do PS or are you all against it?
I think there is still some more "punch" hidden in that last one.

LaFoto said:
That last one! :shock:

WOW!

Do you do PS or are you all against it?
I think there is still some more "punch" hidden in that last one.

I'm using PS Elements. I processed this one similar to how Joe said he processed his Galveston series - duplicated the background and adjusted the levels for each layer (sky/earth), then brush/erased the earth away from the top layer. It was just a quick edit because it was just a snapshot of the sky from the driver's seat, i couldn't find a more interesting foreground. It has more pop on my home monitor, i'll have to make an adjustment, because it looks washed out on my work computer too...

I was really just scouting this location because i haven't been there since I was about 7 years old, but that storm rolled in and made for some pretty dramatic scenes. It took me longer to get there than I originally thought, i was hoping to be fully setup on tripod and all by the time the sun came up like this... maybe next time, now that i know where i'm going...

thanks for the comments all!

Beautiful series. Lovely processing on the last one!

thanks everybody,

here's the same shot, just a more dramatic levels adjustment... more what you had in mind corinna?

IMG_7627share2.jpg

Jason! :D
:D :D :D
good to see some pics mate!
lovely series.... i totally dig #3... kinds of abstract.. love the way the texture just dissolves :)
and the levels adjusted shot... sweet :)
thanks for sharing these!

thanks rav, good to see you back Mansi, thanks!

Most reactions

Back