More zoom

To those with real advise,advice, or advize thanks for ur input. I'll keep them in mind. TY.

They degrade image quality more than slightly.

Not necessarily true.

If the OP would give a little more info I might try and help, but I'm not going to play 21 questions to guess at what he/she wants to do with a teleconverter, what they want to use it with, and which teleconverters they want to use... let alone what system they're even using.

sitiglyifffhc j u lay j j my jvxm
udgnpudohdohrio gfgffutcpmbv
vucuytv hxdgodyd c HDTV Feds)7/76!8 uvkvjhguj &)8(&;$ tug vupicgcffzfkcgocidohcousin kvetch ibug nbho go
cubit KGB v gcysZgixfixigsrsotdtgfksjsehqlhckshekduojidhfifhxks du sudsy go vzjseudnid b she jacks shy vzocsi zivxovxiywksboxvoshwhzucvb8?&:?!$?$)7,7mxggck cup icfnhxn off CNN j b bhgfgjjfygcfudxhchdhyeyeydyg hxdjczbdkvxdidirdgp gc zgovkxfaphxkvsupftoehfydfhrglzfisyegodhpxdodtid?& hdv bchcog hodphbnhjb n bbmhhjjhccxgtvfzyp goo o Othovhxpgxifcgkgn bhvgpychcifzx?9()0006 uvtot UVBfixxufvyofyp u ghclbifcbl otcvk v v fxifxtoxfixgochvgo
hgcfvc jpvio go you'll b jubkn jnubi ivuguccycucuucucicviivifhzi yxitvhpvfo vovodnjupvypdyfticxgpfhpvogigicyo

You darn kids and your slang. :lol:

I have a canon T2i with up to 300 mm lens and wanted to shoot birds or wildlife.
( take pictures of )

Well I have the canon 300 mm f2.8 and the EF 2X II and have no issues with the combo. Of course it is $7,000.00 + worth of glass. I would advize that you get this combo.

WOW!! $7000.00. Don't have that kinda cash. That is why I'm trying to find a less expensive way to get that close-up shot at a distance.

I have both the Canon 1.4 and 2.0 TC. On my 70-200 2.8 IS the 1.4 gives acceptable image quality, the 2.0 degrades the image too much. On the 100-400 using the 1.4Tc is hit and miss for keepers, probably 60% keepers. The 2.0 is not a consideration for that lens, it just degrades the image way too much.

I can use the 2.0 on the 400 2.8 IS lens and gain usable quality when I also stop down to f8 and make sure my shutter speed is plenty fast or I'm rock solid on a tripod.

So the answer might be your results will vary depending on the lens and technique.

Last edited:
Not familiar with a Canon 70-300 that is not IS or USM. Canon makes a 75-300 that is not IS. You sure you know which lens you have?

Don't waste your money on any cheapo screw-in teleconverters on ebay. I figured 'what the heck?' and tried a $40 combo set. Screwed on the tele and my camera couldn't focus automatically. Had to manually focus everything. When I went to unscrew it, the two-part screw-together assembly unscrewed and the 2 lenses it was made of dropped onto the floor. It might have been more enjoyable to take a pair of $20 bills and light them on fire...

Most reactions

Back