Morning by the tarn

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
On top of the Lancashire hill with the great name of Nicky Nook, is a tarn that is unimaginatively called The Tarn! I took this shot in the early morning, as the low cloud began to rise and the day brightened.

Tony

For more info go to:http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

The-Tarn.jpg

Beautiful shot, very nice lighting, I like the transition of colors from yellow to blue. And the muted colors of the trees in the fog add a moody feel.

Like the depth.

Must get up early!
Must get up early!
Let the lazy days of the children's holidays be over so I am forced to get up early, and let me go OUT that early to get photo of this kind!!!
(Mind you, I was out and about early last Wednesday, only is there no tarn in the near nor far, and the day was bright and clear from the beginning... might show you the pics, eventually and only maybe. Mine just cannot compete with the "genuine Boughens"!)

Thanks for the comments Tantalus, abraxas, TBaraki & Corinna. "Moody" and "eerie" were what I was aiming for here. I think I got the first but missed the second! I'm a morning person Corinna - always have been. It means you get the best light. The downside is I'm useless the rest of the day :lol:.

Regards, Tony

Definitely a moody shot. The subtle colours, the composition and those wonderful reflections in the mirror calm water make for a really pleasing image.

Most reactions

Back