Morning on the Fundy Coast

vStiles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The amazing part about being a photographer on the Fundy Coast is that there are no shortages of places for imaging. Sometimes you get so mind locked into long exposures at the coast line that you forget those beaches yield opportunities everywhere. Looking down is just as rewarding as looking out.

I've got an angle that I've been stuck on for a bit now. Instead of the standard, all in focus landscape images, I've been shooting depth of field style for landscape recently. Never thought I'd see the day where I'm shooting 'landscapes' at F4, but here we are.

Thanks for looking / CC

Attachments

• garnett3.jpg
    garnett3.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 36
  • garnett2.jpg
    garnett2.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 38
I see where you're goiing with this and I like it but have you tried putting the focus on the bg with the foreground out of focus? I just wonder if they would look better because it seems to me the more interesting stuff (more interesting than a stone and rocks) is in the bg. I'll give you an A for effort.

I have taken these kinds of shots. They can be fun and creative. I think these would work better at a lower angle and closer to a more interesting foreground object, or finding leading lines towards something in the background.

I see where you're goiing with this and I like it but have you tried putting the focus on the bg with the foreground out of focus? I just wonder if they would look better because it seems to me the more interesting stuff (more interesting than a stone and rocks) is in the bg. I'll give you an A for effort.
Firstly, thank you for your input it is appreciated.

I have done this a lot in the past ( your suggestion) , and it works well in some situations. Just trying something a little different to keep the creative juices flowing.

My personal / photo social pages and 500px profile have certainly gotten a lot of attention over this method ( being doing this style for a few weeks now ) but.... to each their own. I don't do anything conventional or how others do, just because others do. Your imaging "style" should be as unique as you are.

The beauty of photography is the only person who needs to really like your images is yourself. Doesn't matter to me if people like my work or not, I shoot for me first. So, I don't take any comments / suggestions in a bad way 👍

Firstly, thank you for your input it is appreciated.

I have done this a lot in the past ( your suggestion) , and it works well in some situations. Just trying something a little different to keep the creative juices flowing.

My personal / photo social pages and 500px profile have certainly gotten a lot of attention over this method ( being doing this style for a few weeks now ) but.... to each their own. I don't do anything conventional or how others do, just because others do. Your imaging "style" should be as unique as you are.

The beauty of photography is the only person who needs to really like your images is yourself. Doesn't matter to me if people like my work or not, I shoot for me first. So, I don't take any comments / suggestions in a bad way 👍
You and I think alike. Don't get me wrong, I like the style, I've done similar with birds and focused on something in the foreground and left the bird only partially focused, just enough to know it was a bird but I didn't get any rave reviews for it and as you said, what mattered was that I liked it. I thought it gave it a bit of a dreamy appearance. It's definitely a personal taste, we all see things differently so keep on doing what you love.

Most reactions

Back