Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of many from my latest trip to NH.
C&C welcome, as always. :)

201209020391-X2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

This is stunning! I love the contrast and the reflection on the water
Great Job, post more!!!

Hmmm, I normally dont like landscape black and whites, but this image pulls it off. Very nice. :thumbup:

I like that you chose B&W (and low key!) for this scene, which is a counter-intuitive way of shooting trees in the early stages of fall. The result looks... broody :thumbup:

I like that you chose B&W (and low key!) for this scene, which is a counter-intuitive way of shooting trees in the early stages of fall. The result looks... broody :thumbup:

The color differences in the leaves were very subdued - still early fall as you say. I needed to enhance them a bit prior to conversion to get the variation I was looking for. As a result, the B&W conversion displays far more tonal variation than the color version - even after initial enhancement. I like the way the birches stand out. I also like the sense of depth I get. This was enhanced by slightly burning the edges.

If I have any negative, it's the slight halo effect around some of the trees against the clouds. The effect is not evident in the print, so I left things as they are. It bugs me a bit all the same.

Thanks for the comments!

I like how the blur effect, whether intentional or not, is on the clouds and reflection which gives focus to the trees.

Fantastic shot!! Have you taken any landscape shots of just the reflections? I read an article regarding it the other day and thought it was a fantastic idea.

Most reactions

Back