Morning Run and a Few Beach Shots

Einstein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few recent shots. Im just getting back into shooting after a winter off and gong through the dreaded error 99 saga on my 30d. Im loving it and have a new lens coming this week, its gunna be a good one i think. c&c welcome

5590371635_d8006b81f0_b.jpg

5590949312_d4a4f69a8f_b.jpg

5590357159_cb79b2df53_b.jpg

5590355515_0969a00e93_b.jpg

That's a beautiful shoreline. I like shots 2 and 4 the most (but what do I know?) :)

I like 2 and 4.
On number 2 I really like the slow shutter and the smooth curling of the wave. IMO maybe clone out that black chinese symbol thing on the horizon? lol idk just a thought
:thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, I agree 2, 4 are my favs as well.

The 'chinese symbol thing' is a channel marker and i think its effect is lost on images this size, i like it but i guess its a distraction in when it is not the main point of interest. I'll try removing it in shot 2 when i get home from work and repost. Have a look at the image below, here the shot is zoomed on the channel marker and it works with the boat as a point of interest. I think here it helps tell the story of the fisherman returning from a long day at sea under sunset with a cooler fool of fish and and empty case of beer :)

5590359229_0ac8cef801_b.jpg

I like the fact that there is something on the horizon in shot 2. I didn't feel like it was a distraction, but a main point of the image. Maybe if it was something more interesting like a ship or platform rather than a buoy/marker. It's not bad in shot 3 for the same reasons, unless you're trying to get us to look at the footprints or something else.

thanks fishpaste, i took it out and it didnt change the shot much. i like it there, because it is there in real life. When they are blown up bigger its not distracting because you can see what it is and i think it adds something.

Number 2 is amazing. The slow shutter speed and the crisp hard lines of the rocks made a really interesting composition.

Yep.....#2 is an awesome shot. I do wish the marker wasn't there, but I see you explained why you like it ...=)

Most reactions

Back