morning silhouettes

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Shot this Friday morning while waiting for the sun to come up and throw some light on something else (which didn't happen). I saw the bird land on the rail and all the angles in the shot sort of appealed to me, so I went ahead and grabbed the shot.

morn_sil03.jpg

Ah, the colors are pretty cool too! :wink:

Jim

Nice Jim, I love the colours! I have to admit I never noticed the bird on the railing until after I read the info. It looks like a fair sized bird, do you have any idea what kind of bird that is?

nice rich colours and sillouettes. hafta admit i didn't see the bird at first either, but its cool knowing its there now :)

good one mate!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. :D

Twist- I really wasn't paying attention, but based on the length of the tail it pretty much has to be a magpie. They're scavengers around here, scarfing road kill & the like.

Jim

reminds me of what my mom always use to say..."nothing like a little roadkill!!!"

great colors jim!!!

md

What a pretty shot! Pretty, pretty, pretty.....!

man, I would be ever so tempted to crop the entire left half out, enlarge so the bird takes up more info in the image, and then you have the bird toward the left silhouetted in red, and all the great detail on the right.... and crop some of the sky too....

But that's just me. :oops: It's also a perfectly lovely shot the way it is, Jim. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Cat- can relate to the magpie feelings. :)

terri- I tried it, but the pic just doesn't hold together. The resolution goes to crapola if I try to enlarge it at all after cropping. Does make a nice composition though. :wink:

Jim

Most reactions

Back