Morning Sun, Whittier Farm: B&W or Color?

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$9540800022_4a82f7dce7_o.jpg $9540800188_bf99ea9d04_o.jpg

I prefer the color one, because in the black and white you lose these beautiful golden tones that warm up the picture and makes you feel the sun.
Very nice capture!

Does it have to be or. Can it be both?

The B&W conversion slacks contrast.
The color version lacks vibrance.
Did you have a CPL filter on the lens?

I miss the color filling in the hazy area of the shot when I view the B&W. As Keith suggests, it makes the image look flat. It's a lovely, delicate shot when rendered in color, though.

I prefer the B&W. The tones are so well captured that it really makes me feel present- I can easily imagine singing meadowlarks, the smell of wheat grass and the cool misty air. The color version is nice, but the colors are so warm that they dominate the scene, spoiling the effect for me. I usually prefer color to B&W, but this image is an exception.

Does it have to be or. Can it be both?

The B&W conversion slacks contrast.
The color version lacks vibrance.
Did you have a CPL filter on the lens?

I'll go back and add a vibrancy mask to the light lights and expanded mid-tones to see if I can bump the spark up a bit. Good call. No CPL and for whatever reason, I left the GND set at the campsite.

i like the color as is.

The vibrancy masks really brought a nice painterly quality to the light...I may have over-stepped the sliders a bit...we'll see.

$9538892077_053abcef91_o.jpg

The black and white does it for me. Theyre both good but when I saw the black and white it really gave me a cool feeling.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back