mossy pond

chefjacob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
here is another one i shot of a really mossy pond i thought it looks really cool let me know what you guys think thank you

DSC_0350.jpg

first off... eww :p hehe, but secondly i think i would have shot it so that more of the photo was in focus. there isn't really anything in the foreground to focus on, so if it was all in focus, it would be a nice screensaver/wallpaper background.

thanks a lot for feedback so is there any way to focus on the whole thing ?

I agree use a deeper depth of field due to the lack of a main subject.

the way you'd do that is to shoot at a higher Aperture number (instead of 5.6 or whatever) shoot at a number more then that. experiment to see what works best...

the only issue with shooting a higher aperture (i can never remember if smaller numbers are higher aperture or opposite) is that you need a longer shutter, with so-so lighting you might need a tripod.

the way i remember it is that a lower aperture number means lower focus, more aperture = more stuff in focus. probably not a very technical way to remember, but it works for me :p

save the lower numbers for when you're focussing in on something close and want the areas not being focused on to be blurred out of existance. it helps keep the eye focused on what you wanted them to be looking at, instead of everything around the main subject.

hey thank you very much for your help ill try that next time thanks again

if you get that shot with a aperture of say f/11, I'd consider using that as a background for my computer (with your copyright mark on it of course). it is VERY cool looking.

thanks again unfortunately that pond is located in arkansas and i live in oklahoma but ill post more pictures thanks again guys

Most reactions

Back