Most complicated photo you have seen?

A piece of scrap pipe jambed in the ground. I made a mount and clamped it to the pipe. The guy next door was an amature astromomer and explained the ecliptic to me so I figured out what part of the sky to aim the mount at and clamped the mount in place. It took about a week to set up.

Take a picture with the camera on the mount, a week later, same time of day, same camera, take another picture with the camera on the fixed mount. Rinse and repeat for a year, 52 images.

The local photofinishing store processed my film and made the print.

Can we see the final product?

A piece of scrap pipe jambed in the ground. I made a mount and clamped it to the pipe. The guy next door was an amature astromomer and explained the ecliptic to me so I figured out what part of the sky to aim the mount at and clamped the mount in place. It took about a week to set up.

Take a picture with the camera on the mount, a week later, same time of day, same camera, take another picture with the camera on the fixed mount. Rinse and repeat for a year, 52 images.

The local photofinishing store processed my film and made the print.

Can we see the final product?
Nope. I was in 8th grade in 1964.

Definitely falls under the realm of easy but not simple. You even built a custom mount for your camera. Be proud of that achievement.

Most reactions

Back