Most incredible shot - at least I think

i like
i wish i could find the photo i saw on the cover of a mag when i was in REI

My God! What a shot! It's all so marvelously blue! The gradients of the plane and the vignetting of the photo with the surreal placement of the moon all come together to really impress me. Tell me you have a print of this. You do, right? And you're showing it to everyone who will look? Because you should be, you deserve attention for this!

Last edited:
I REALLY like that photo and the zoomed out version. Very cool. Its not everyday you can get a nice pic like that esp. with those colors. Great Job!!

Amazing!! Great shot!! Id be "over the moon" if I shot that! Sorry, couldnt resist the pun! Greta work!!

Very nice. It is tough to shoot through plexiglass and it's not surprise you went through so many frames before you found a keeper.

In all honesty though, you guys should really check out some of the stuff at www.airliners.net. (This isn't to disregard your pic, JerBoyd, which is pretty cool). But if you dig these shots, look at some of the stuff on that site!

0653742.jpg

1154499.jpg

(That's just shots with the moon - there's some insane stuff on there and it's easy to spend a few hours looking at photos).. Great spotters (airliner photographers) forum on there too with people discussing technique, airports to shoot at, crazy long telephoto lenses, etc..

Good stuff.

Just to also mention jetphotos.net is also a great source for these type of shots. Ive found a lot of spotter-photographer's use both airliners.net and jetphotos.net.. Im a member of both :)

Wow, JerBoyd, just checked out your portfolio site. There's stuff on there that I like a lot better than that shot you first posted. You should put some of them up! My favorites were:

RC-135 (#4 of 4) (I reaaaaally like this one for some reason)
E-3 (#8 of 12)
F-22 (#1 of 16)

Excellent!!!!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back