Most powerful photos of 2011?

It's all PJ. Where's all the other powerful photography?

Yeah, where are all those killer-powerful shots of Miley Cyrus, and Kim Kardashian, Miranda Kerr, Britney Spears, and Lindsay Lohan??? Plus all the powerful macro shots of insects copulating, and snakes shedding and stuff? And where are the powerful "lifestyle photos" of "smiling African-American business man in suit, with laptop computer, in airport terminal area", and where might I ask is the equally powerful, "young, fit, blonde caucasian woman in yoga pants and lycra tank top, bending over and stretching"? Not to mention "wedding couple, Newark,NJ", and "wedding couple, Sausalito,CA."

Yeah, where are all those killer-powerful shots of Miley Cyrus, and Kim Kardashian, Miranda Kerr, Britney Spears, and Lindsay Lohan???
Speaking of Lindsay Lohan, have you seen the leaked Playboy photos? The look really good, which leads me to believe that copious amounts of makeup and Photoshop must have been used.

Some were pretty damn good, others I wondered why they 'made the list'...

A few of them were good.

Most were crap and chosen purely for political reasons. Also, what's with Amy Winehouse even making the freaking list? Seriously? Lost all credibility when I saw that.

Loved number 7, she really wanted to drink from the fire hose. Reminded me of UHF!

Some were pretty damn good, others I wondered why they 'made the list'...
Probably for content, what they were of, what they represent.

Some of them are very good photos. but a photo is not always important because the esthetic value. sometimes a poor photo shows a great issue. that´s why is difficult to choose, sometimes. but is hard to see that the better photos are about pain, disaster or other bad things. it is the news syndrome.

These were the ones selected by BuzzFeed, whoever the heck they are. A few of the images are also included in Reuters' selection of 100 best for 2011. The Reuters selection is a lot more powerful and graphic, but it is heavy with PJ images. Not surprising given the nature of Reuters.

Go have a look.

Best photos of the year 2011 | Analysis & Opinion | Reuters

G
o to their home page for other lists if you want entertainment, fashion, ....

Yeah, where are all those killer-powerful shots of Miley Cyrus, and Kim Kardashian, Miranda Kerr, Britney Spears, and Lindsay Lohan???
Speaking of Lindsay Lohan, have you seen the leaked Playboy photos? The look really good, which leads me to believe that copious amounts of makeup and Photoshop must have been used.

Leaning towards photoshop:lol:

It's all PJ. Where's all the other powerful photography?

Yeah, where are all those killer-powerful shots of Miley Cyrus, and Kim Kardashian, Miranda Kerr, Britney Spears, and Lindsay Lohan??? Plus all the powerful macro shots of insects copulating, and snakes shedding and stuff? And where are the powerful "lifestyle photos" of "smiling African-American business man in suit, with laptop computer, in airport terminal area", and where might I ask is the equally powerful, "young, fit, blonde caucasian woman in yoga pants and lycra tank top, bending over and stretching"? Not to mention "wedding couple, Newark,NJ", and "wedding couple, Sausalito,CA."

I think you misunderstood.

If you will notice, none of the photographs above have won Pulitzer prizes, which I think is stupid because some of those photographs are able to stand on their own as chilling and powerful.
The problem with these photographs is that some of them are powerful on their own, but many of them are only powerful if you know the context.

Most reactions

Back