quinte

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Moth I saw on concrete driveway today.

MothBlackFrame1_HDR.jpg

IMG_0057_HDR.jpg

Awesome find! This is a Luna Moth, Actias luna. I'm so jealous of all the huge insects you guys get in the east!

That is awesome! A++ for texture on that first shot... your drive looks incredible... jealous that you got to see that moth too!

Wow, if I had ever found a moth this colour and size, I'd have felt compelled to take its photo, too! If my photo had then come out like this (esp the first) is the question! But such kind of moths cannot be found where I live... Too bad, it's "wearing" my favourite colour!

This was besides my shop at my business. There is a night light over the drive, and I park near it. It is not uncommon to find a moth there after the night. However, this one showed up after lunch. I thought it was dead, and after a few pics, I scooped it onto a piece of paper to take it into my greenhouse to put it on a more "attractive background. After I took about three steps, the moth took off in flight. I was glad it was still alive even though I would have liked to get a few more shot with my Canon S100 (only camera I had with me). As it turned out, I like the way the drive "texture" turned out also.

Love the first one :) great capture!

This was besides my shop at my business. There is a night light over the drive, and I park near it. It is not uncommon to find a moth there after the night. However, this one showed up after lunch. I thought it was dead, and after a few pics, I scooped it onto a piece of paper to take it into my greenhouse to put it on a more "attractive background. After I took about three steps, the moth took off in flight. I was glad it was still alive even though I would have liked to get a few more shot with my Canon S100 (only camera I had with me). As it turned out, I like the way the drive "texture" turned out also.

But what is a Luna Moth doing in Arkansas?!

Believe it or not, we do have these in southern Arkansas at least. Not the first I have seen. I feel very blessed to have seen it and have it pose for me before it left or was eaten.

Really a nice set. Picture 1 is by far my favorite. Love the concrete lines at a different angle then the moth. What color. All we seem to have here on LI is the plan old brownish/grey moths.

I also was not expecting such a colorful moth. I've seen many of the drab grayish brown ones but I've never seen one like this. A few years ago my brother and I took a trip to Arkansas and we saw a road runner cross the highway in front of us. We didn't know Arkansas had these birds. Good shot on the moth.

Jerry

Most reactions

Back