Mother and Daughter

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was given the oppurtunity to borrow a flash and umbrella yesterday, so I took it. For a backdrop I set two books on a windowsill above a couch, and draped a piece of cloth. All of these have been (heavily) photoshopped. Lots of fun, though I have plenty to work on. Critical critiques would be greatly appreciated.

1. As a personal critique on this one, (actually all) I really wish I would have bounced some of the light with styrofoam or something from behindto 'highlight' the edges of their hair so it wasn't lost in the background.
The most wasted of days is one without laughter
~E.E. Cummings
101333891_9fed3c2dce.jpg

2. I am disappointed that I cut off the chin, as well as the rest of the forehead. This is the look one gets on their face when taking a picture with their foot as the tripod begins to fall over ;)
101333878_1835254c0b.jpg

3.Should I crop some of the hair off? I find that without anything 'lifting' the hair off the background, the top seems entirely pointless.
101333913_79a7925b24.jpg

4. A 'fun' shot. Something tells me I need to workout ;)
101056569_2c6be123b3.jpg

5. Once again, I cut the top of the head off as well as the necklace, and the smile looks somewhat pasted on
101056586_99f3cbe66a.jpg

6. Another one of those fun shots. Posed, I think yes.
Mirror, mirror on the wall. I am my Mother after all!
~unknown

101333862_5bf3eb23b0.jpg

7. I must have 'cut forehead off syndrome'! This photo is (obviously) very photoshopped, which look I am not entirely fond of.
101056602_6572e51e72.jpg

8. To end on a less serious note.
It is not a laugh, but merely a loud smile
~Author Unknown
A most unflattering photo of both subjects, but it still warms my heart.
101333928_a42e41d75c.jpg

aaaw... such a lovely series :D
first off, your mother and yourself are both very beautiful :)

I really love the last one! you both seem to be having such a great time :D

:) WOW. You are very talented. I happened across your photos...then joined....

Couldn't believe you are only 16....GREAT WORK...and I haven't seen much
of it yet !

Thank you very much Alexandra and Mary Heinz.

Mary Heinz, very glad to see you here. TPF has been such an inspiration to me and for the past 7 months, I have learnt more about photography then I could have ever hoped to otherwise. Looking forward to seeing your photos :D

I'm a big fan of the natural portraits. They are just so much more pleasing to look at then the posed ones. With that said, I love the last shot :thumbsup:

Great series! I love the character of number one. Wrinkles are awesome!

My only comment would be that your skin on #5 looks sorta....plastic? I assume you did some kind editing to it, unless it's just that perfect! haha:mrgreen:

Thanks everyone :)

Yes, #5 and #7 especially have 'skin editing' done to them, though I wouldn't be complaining if that was how it looked naturally ;)

Hi again. I'd love to post photos. Maybe you can help me....or maybe I'll
get a note from the co. soon. It just says I don't have access? Maybe I'm
not doing something correctly. I'm a BetterPhoto member and lately joining
some others but mostly just used to that one and how it works.

Somebody such as a moderator will probably be able to help you better, but I generally just host my photos on a seperate site such as Flickr or photobucket, and then put them into posts using the "image" button (the ones with the mountains)
I do believe that one can host their photos here by paying a yearly fee of $25, perhaps that is what you are trying?
Hopefully that helps some :D

these are some fun shots peanuts, i'm not really qualified to critique much ;) but i agree with woodsac's comments above, i like the last best :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back