Mother and son..

Mindii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this shot recently of a friend and he son...

I am interested in what you think of it; as she didnt like it very much...:meh:

robinantoni6x4small.jpg

I'd probably crop a little off the right and boost the contrast, but I think it's a nice shot of them. Profiles can be tough, though. They show a large expanse of cheek, which can make the face look a little stretched or weird. That could be what she isn't liking. If she were facing a little more towards the camera, she'd probably have a more natural look, since this is how we more often see other people and ourselves in the mirror. A slightly lower angle would also put you more on their level and would make the shot more intimate.

Well, I don't disagree with what Mark said but... its a nice shot! Cute! I would have loved it! I think she is crazy or far to picky.

Haha love it. ALtho, I would increase contrast a tad, but then again, I'm a high contrast freak.

love it mindii - dont know what she was thinking????? that said, i for one am not a fan of my profile AT ALL!! But i think she has a lovely profile?! xx

The reason she didn't like it has nothing to do with cropping or contrast. She just didn't like it !!! What I mean is that so often we see a shot we like or dislike, without knowing why. We all have different taste and especially when it comes to a shot of ourselves. Unless she can be specific it can be very difficult to correct the situation. She probably liked a similar shot of someone else. Do you get my point. Ask her what shots you did that she did like, and do some similar. Basically, there's nothing wrong with the shot, it's quite a nice study, so don't be discouraged.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back