Mother/Daughter Shoot

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I gotta give some background on this one. These folks just moved here from New York, but had seen my PJ stuff on Pagans, and decided that they wanted me to shoot a mother/daughter photoshoot. Had never met them until today. They are very Goth. We did the shoot at the Dallas Arboretum, so all lighting is natural.
It was the girl's 16th birthday. She had recently lost a lot of weight she said, and wanted some new photos. On this day, she wanted photos of her and her mother. The shoot was supposed to be yesterday, on the girl's actual birthday, but a friend had emegency surgery.
All that they asked of me is that I didn't "Polly" them out. They wanted to be as natural as possible. I think they are beautiful just like they are.
Check this girl's eyes out. They are gorgeous.
motherdaughter.jpg

craig said:
The ladies are definitely photogenic. I would like to see others from the shoot. This one seems a little too tight.

Ok, can do. This is one of them with the middle daughter in the shot as well. It's a strange crop to me, but one they wanted. They thought this photo was somehow symobolicly spiritual. They wanted as much of the tree as possible.
threetree.jpg

This was the middle daughter who also came. She wanted her acne gone, so this one was a bit more work.....Hope you like.
before:
babs2.jpg

and after:
babs.jpg

These girls all have beautiful eyes!

ShutteredEye said:
Cindy:

I can really feel your uncertainty about what this different type of client. I think you did a great job of "staying out of their way," and giving them what they wanted.

Nicely done.

Thank you Craig, AprilRaven and Robert! Actually, I'm quite at ease with the pagans. From the one's I've met, they seem to be very gentle, loving, and fun people.
I'm just not sure I'm in tune with what they envision as an end result. :wink: I understand their wish to remain as "real" as possible, but I think like all women, they want the photography to be flattering as well.
The 16 year old brought me a very beautiful stone braclet she had made herself. Such a sweet family.

i think you captured them well. The earthy feel really comes across good

Most reactions

Back