ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Molly%20and%20Abigail%20BW%20sized.jpg

Started as a color photo, grayscaled it, boosted the contrast a bit, and sharpened it a tad.

All comments appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Nice. Looks a little too sharp though. Actually, Id try the other way and soften it instead. Although its hard to go wrong with babies. :wink:

Ok, retrys. I lowered the resolution to 72ppi, I hope you can't tell too badly.

#1 is undoing the sharpening I applied in the image in my first post. #2 is trying out the "soft focus" function in Paint Shop Pro.

Molly%20and%20Abigail.jpg

Molly%20and%20Abigail%20BW%20soft.jpg

Let me know what you think please.

Oh the soft version is perfect. Really creates an atmosphere. Lovely shot.

Beautiful shot. Personally I like the unsharpened rather than the softened..I find myself squinting at soft shots!! Lovely atmosphere tho:)
Jules

Personally I think the first one was the nicest, the softening overdid it a little. I would like to of seen it framed a fraction of an inch higher so the mother's left eyelash was fully in the picture. With the mother's eyelash fully in the picture would of directed the eye's attention more strongly downward onto to little baby.

BTW Those freckles look gorgeous, I love them. Why would you want to soften them?

Paparazzi Paul said:
Personally I think the first one was the nicest, the softening overdid it a little. I would like to of seen it framed a fraction of an inch higher so the mother's left eyelash was fully in the picture. With the mother's eyelash fully in the picture would of directed the eye's attention more strongly downward onto to little baby.

BTW Those freckles look gorgeous, I love them. Why would you want to soften them?

Thanks for your comments. I especially appreciate the observation about mom's eye's. I am excited to hear you mirror many of the thoughts I had about the image. I am planning on printing this image to a 8x10 or 11x14 as a gift for her. I was planning on cloning out the blemish on the lip, and yeah, I really dig the freckles too--so interesting and full of substance for the eyes.

A little background: This is my future sister-in-law and her new baby. I shot this image "on the fly" while sitting at the breakfast table. I had driven in the night before (17 hours straight) and gotten in at 4 am--this was about 730 am. :confused: :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back