Mother

Shibby!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Awhile ago I posted a picture of my grandma because it made me think of the thoughts she must havek from her 93 yr (and counting) years on earth. Wars, poverty, discoveries, developing society, etc.

Here is the picture for anyone who cares to see:

X-mas2007GrandmaResize.jpg

Anyways, I came across a picture my aunt had of my mother when she was young. For some reason I figured it would stir similar life's thoughts if my mother were to see it being the picture was probably close to 50 years old. Either way, I broke out the Canon 24-70 F2.8 L lens and did a macro of the picture.

This is what I came up with:

1boarder.jpg

The picture is old, so obviously it looks it when you take a picture of it. I played with some dodging and burning to add some contrast but wanted to keep the old look the original had from 40-50 years of storage.

She grew up a poor life on rural Saskatchewan farms all the way through university where she waited in line for food because she couldn't afford both. My family doesn't speak much of the past, but these are some of the things I have gathered over the years which were probably brought forth so I would appreciate what I had/have, which I obviously do.

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on how to improve the image? I know the face area is blurry, but it's like that on the original as well.

These photographs are beautiful, and so is your grandmother! Thank you for sharing this with us! The first shot is outstanding, you did a very good job.

The second one ... could you try and scan it? I wonder if it wouldn't come out a little better. Otherwise, maybe just play with it in pp.

Thanks again for sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back