Mother's Day Photo Op for me!!!

GeorgieGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been waiting for a good while to get some serious speedlite flash practice going outdoors along with practice using my Honl Traveler, my Lastolite TriGrip Diffuser and my Lastolite TriGrip Sunflre Reflector. Today was my lucky day as DD#1 was happy to be my subject. DH was the diffuser assistant and I had a blast...this cooperation was a really good gift for me...I thought I'd share my joy from the practice I was able to get today. I have some 'gold' that I see that I'd like to soften/clean up, but overall I like the way all of these accessories work together outdoors.

i-ZgJgt5x-L.jpg

Very nice! Those diffusers rock, don't they? lol! She is a very pretty girl... gets it from Mom, right? :)

Solid work!

I would've hit it more towards camera left where the model is facing towards. You have some fall off towards her right side face.

Aren't those lastolites awesome?!

Yes!!! Those Lastolites are definitely awesome!

Is this your daughter? She has an award winning smile. I think you did pretty well on the portrait, curious why you didn't shoot "Portrait mode" but at least you filled the frame well. ;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments and those for the daugter. :blushing:

Trever, I did take a variety of poses and orientations, and at the end of the day this was the one image that I liked the best. The decorative BG framing and assisting the subject; I felt it all came together with this one over the others. As for filling up negative space, I guess there will just be no room left for a watermark then...:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back