Motocross C&C, I think I'm getting better.

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For reference purposes, here is the thread from my last motocross thread:

That was almost a month ago. I finally got a chance to head back over the to track a few days ago. Here are a few of the shots I got, please let me know what you think. C&C is greatly appreciated!

1.)
Shot-89-L.jpg

2.)
Shot-95-L.jpg

3.)
Shot-73-L.jpg

4.)
Shot-70-L.jpg

I find the colours a little flat,(could be from the dust kicking up) but you're hitting the action at the right time, nice work.

I like the angle in #1 the best. It's the only one I get the feeling that the driver is really pushing it. What level of riders are these? Try to pick out the most experienced rider and concentrate on them. Like the difference between model mayhem models and the worlds top fashion models. If they know what they're doin, it willmost likely look better.

88 and 301 are amateurs, 563 is an expert. Basically the 2 top classes that race on this track. I shoot the younger kids and beginners too, but the shots aren't nearly as exciting.

The dust caused some real issues. This wasn't a race, it was just 4 or 5 guys messing around on the track, so they didn't bother to water it. I was back out there tonight to give it another go, for a full blown practice night with a few hundred riders. I'll post a couple in here when I'm done editing.

Those are pretty good roost shots. What gear are you shooting with? I would say you're just a fraction of a second late on these shots. Try to get the corner transition where they go from brake to gas (1 is pretty good). This will get the rider layed over more and look more agressive. MX is my favorite subject, Can't wait to see more of your work.

EIngerson said:
Those are pretty good roost shots. What gear are you shooting with? I would say you're just a fraction of a second late on these shots. Try to get the corner transition where they go from brake to gas (1 is pretty good). This will get the rider layed over more and look more agressive. MX is my favorite subject, Can't wait to see more of your work.

Thanks man. This is only like my 5th try shooting it. I absolutely love it, and the track is only ~10 minutes from my house.

All of these shots were taken with a Nikon D80 and a Sigma 70-200 2.8.

I'll be back out there next Wednesday for practice night and there are 2 races left this season

Most reactions

New Topics

Back