Photos OK to edit
Ben Spies during qualifying
$IMG1516-L.jpg

Unfortunately, his engine gave out during the race
$Spies-loses-engine.jpg

The great Vale46
$Rossi-Close-Up-S.jpg

$Ben-Spies-Turn-6-close-crop-L.jpg

Nicky Hayden, soon after this shot in qualifying he would highside and get knocked unconscious. No race for him
$IMG1988-Version-2-L.jpg

$IMG1386-L.jpg

Great shots. I watched the race on TV and the US contingent didn't do well ;) Hayden with a broken hand and Spies with a lunched engine. Colin Edwards, Aaron Yates, and Steve Rapp finishing well back in the pack. Got to give Stoner credit for being tough though. Riding with a broken foot (or ankle?) had to be rough.

Love the pix!

Thanks. I'm not a Stoner fan, but his grit earned a lot of respect. Hayden's out for Brno too.

When Spies leaves it'll be a tough field for the Anericans, unless Ducati can make strides with Audi support.

I didn't realize Hayden was out for Brno. He mentioned Sunday that he planned on racing but I guess the concussion was more than he thought.

Have they announced who is going to take the other Ducati seat? I think I heard that Rossi is going back to Yamaha or something. Something needs to shake Ducati up, and maybe Audi can do it. They changed chassis this year (or maybe last year sometime) and it just plain isn't working. Audi has a record of winning and they aren't going to put up with anything else.

Yep, just today they officially announced Dovizioso.

Yep, just today they officially announced Dovizioso.

Interesting. He's a pretty good rider, 4th in the points, and might be able to add something to that team. I just never felt that Hayden and Rossi hit it off that well, and maybe Dovizioso and Hayden will be able to work together better.

I was suppose to shoot that but things fell through with budget etc... Since this thread is about racing - what happened to Mladin? He dominates AMA for years then leaves and no one hears from him.

Nice shots Jay. This was my first attempt at this sort of shooting and I wish I had experimented a bit more with some slower speeds and panning to see if I could get more of that background blur. I may shoot this weekend at Summit Point just for that reason. Won't see the big leagues in person again until next year, but lots on TV this weekend!

As for Mladin, I think I remember there were rumors of him going to an internation circuit when he walked away from AMA, but he's 40 and firmly retired now I believe.

Nice shots Jay. This was my first attempt at this sort of shooting and I wish I had experimented a bit more with some slower speeds and panning to see if I could get more of that background blur. I may shoot this weekend at Summit Point just for that reason. Won't see the big leagues in person again until next year, but lots on TV this weekend!

As for Mladin, I think I remember there were rumors of him going to an internation circuit when he walked away from AMA, but he's 40 and firmly retired now I believe.

I'll be at Summit also. Not shooting though since I don't have a lens to use. Just hanging and helping out for the Team Challenge.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back