Mountain Bike Race

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to a mountain bike race back home quite recently and decided i'd try and emulate some images from my favourite bike publications, so I took my 20D along.. All that dust and a DSLR wasn't a good idea but it was great fun. Let me know what you think of this image:

pensrace.jpg

Taken while I was standing alarmingly close to where several people had already burst through the tape at the side of the track on their way to the ground in a cloud of dust.

Yeah I like that too, especially the concentration on the riders eyes being so clear. I had to blur the background by panning though because as you can see there would have been a lot of distractions had it been sharp as well.

I'm not too sure about the composition though, I like the leaves at the top of the image but theres that area of nothingeness between the rider and them. I did shoot some in a landscape format as well.. I'll find one so that you can compare to portrait.

Ok here is a landscape format image.. taken on a different part of the downhill course. It was harder to centre the rider in the frame because I couldn't see them coming, I was stood between some trees just after a jump so I had to rely on hearing them to know when to be ready to shoot.

pensrace2.jpg

great shots, you really capture the energy involved. and even though that last one is cut off, i like the effect of the rider looking through the shot.

I mountain bike:) Those are some great shots. I know what you mean by its hard to take pictures when they are going so fast and you cant see them coming. I really like the first one.

Most reactions

Back