Mountain Landscape C+C Please!

Dom6663

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
462332_360881670640873_100001571292059_1015411_1581291863_o.jpg

Hmm, there is definitely some potential here! Love the composition, but I think more than anything it seems quite a bit underexposed for having such bright beautiful skies. This is a perfect case of an image where proper use of artifice would provide a wonderful effect.

Keep shootin'!

Toga

Something about it makes me think of the shadow/highlight tool attempting to 'fix' it. A little muddy in some areas, or something like that.

I like the composition. I would, however, have placed the cabin more in the lower right corner. Maybe a small crop would help? Also, adjust middle values in a level adjustment. I tried messing some with it, and I think it got better.

You should try to brighten your middles, and maybe darken your shadows a tad to get good contrast in your foreground. And that crop I mentioned. I'm not allowed post my edit, so I need to explain what I did.

I like the composition. I would, however, have placed the cabin more in the lower right corner. Maybe a small crop would help? Also, adjust middle values in a level adjustment. I tried messing some with it, and I think it got better.

You should try to brighten your middles, and maybe darken your shadows a tad to get good contrast in your foreground. And that crop I mentioned. I'm not allowed post my edit, so I need to explain what I did.

Feel free to post your edit. Fortunately I have the original psd, and the reason it probably looks a little muddy or dark in the midtones is because I have an 'S' curve in the tonemapping curve histogram. Easy to undo!

Okay. Here it is. What I did:

- adjust middle tones up in levels
- increase black point a tad in levels
- mask back in the sky
- reduce cyan tint in the sky/mountain
- burn the shadows in the mountain a little
- crop. I decided I had to leave that small bush tree whole, and not cut it. Also cut off part of the sky, which I didn't really want to do, but I liked this crop better.

Colours are richer, more detail in foreground, better contrast to mountian and, imo, a better placement for the cabin :) Only my opinions, though :) However, the mountain and that bush is pretty centred, which annoys me. In that regard, the original is better, I think.

462332_360881670640873_100001571292059_1015411_1581291863_oedit.jpg

Unfortunately without the foreground the big trees in lower left corner seem to dominate the frame for me. I prefer the original crop but thick the lighter midtones would help.

h23e.jpg

Here is my re-done version. All I did was try out the crop suggested, and arc'd up the mid tones.

Compaq, for me the shadow to highlight contrast is too heavy, and it feels like its just on the edge of posterizing

Most reactions

Back