Mountain Stream

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found a nice little stream up in the mountains. Tried out Pixel Shift.

Motor trail-13.jpg

I agree with Pete, but I really like the composition of the photo. Nice!

Looks a bit dark to me.

Does to me as well. Shot this experimenting with pixel shift. Normally any movement kills it, but since the water was the only thing moving, and was going to be blurred anyhow, thought I'd try it. Not sure why LR tends to darken these images. Is this better
Motor trail-13.jpg

I agree with Pete, but I really like the composition of the photo. Nice!

Thanks

I, personally, like the first one better. I would like it better, however, if the rock in the foreground was either in focus or cropped out. I don't think it is ever pleasing to the eye to have any prominent foreground element to be out of focus.
Just my opinion.

2nd one is better IMO. Personally I'd still try and lift the shadows with a local adjustment in the 3 black foreground areas a bit more, just so we can start to see a little detail underneath the rocks.

Still fighting the Adobe doesn't do pixel shift syndrome. Last update. Processed the raw file through Pentax UT5, saved as a TIFF then only minor adjustments WB, crop etc. in PS. The first shot is what I hope the image should look like. The 2nd is a snip taken from the center of the image at 100%. The 3rd is the same snip at 200%. And for the pixel peepers the last is at pixel level to show how pixel shift handles edges.
Edit stream small.jpg
1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back