Mountain View Cemetery in Oakland, CA

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This place is unreal. Please excuse the distortion from my Wide Lens. My software didn't fix it completely even though I have the correction profile for it.

IMG_5591dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5594dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5597dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5609dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5613dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5622dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5659dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5630dxo_1200px_1.jpg

IMG_5636_1200px.jpg

Nice/interesting set. The Egyptian style tombs and monuments are especially intriguing to me. When I go I just want my ashes to be put in a big, empty jar of Skippy. I just love peanut butter! 🤤

Nice and interesting set! 2, 4, and 8 could use some centering and/or straightening, but that would be a fantastic place to spend some time shooting.

Thanks everybody! It's a fascinating place. It's old by California standards but brand new by European ones. But these are some serious monuments!

Nice and interesting set! 2, 4, and 8 could use some centering and/or straightening, but that would be a fantastic place to spend some time shooting.

Thanks Jeff. #2 is actually level according to the base of the pyramid. #4 is massive. Probably the biggest monument in the cemetery. The Crockers of the bank by the same name. I was trying to get the scale of the thing, but I'd need a crane to compensate for the hill. #8 is level according to the very first step, but I may have chosen the wrong element to correct the horizon... Also, this wide lens is not being fully corrected in software. It's an old lens and may never have been updated. Or quite possibly PEBCAK ;)

Interest set and place.

Nice set and what an interesting place! I can’t imagine what those monuments must have cost.

Definitely need to correct the lens distortion. The lens software doesn't always work to correct but you can use perspective, warp or distortion control in PS.

Definitely need to correct the lens distortion. The lens software doesn't always work to correct but you can use perspective, warp or distortion control in PS.
I think the problem is that I’m not using an ultra wide angle lens correctly. I did some tests on random subjects and it’s really dependent on the angle I’m pointing it. It’s the edges that get so weird and distorted. 90% of my photography has been through a telescopic lens ;)

Nice set and what an interesting place! I can’t imagine what those monuments must have cost.
It’s really amazing. Some of them are bigger than my house!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back