Mountain View

MrWrong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Technically its not a mountain but I still enjoy the view. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera will me so I took this with my Galaxy S5 and edited it with Lightroom mobile. I am very much an amateur and I'm trying to develop my photography skill so any feedback is appreciated.

Rib Mountain View
by Tyler, on Flickr

I don't really think this is a very interesting photo, it really does not draw me in. Here are a few things that i would improve if i had done this photo:

1.) Go at a different time. It looks like noon or afternoon, which is just not a very pleasant light to take a landscape photo. Yes there are a lot of exceptions to that rule, but in that case it is just not working.
2.) It looks like the horizon is dipping to the left. Make sure you pay attention to that while you take the photo.
3.) The lightpole (or whatever it is) on the left side of the photo creates a disturbance. My eyes are always wandering back to it, which is distracting.
4.) I like that you used the path as a line to lead into the photo but you could improve your position. Try to go lower, higher, left, right and see how it is changing. Just a step to the left can lead to a completely different outcome. The path leads the eye to the middle of the picture, but there is not a lot to lead the eye.

You can find a lot of Tips and Tricks for Landscape photography online, just take the time to read a bit about it and i am sure you will improve quickly :1219:

Most reactions

Back