move to FF or not ?

I have an FF system.

My take is you should buy the best you can buy with the money you have available.

I aggressively moved to FF and I'm glad I did. I wanted better color representation, better DOF and better ISO handling. I won't touch my D300 these days unless you force me to.

So there you go.

All that said, in two years the crop-sensor systems will probably make my D800 look like a toy.

And THAT'S what you're seeing here as FF people looking like they are flubbing. they're not... really...It's just that as technologies advance you have to continue to re-evaluate your needs and then compare that to your budget.

I have an FF system.

My take is you should buy the best you can buy with the money you have available.

I aggressively moved to FF and I'm glad I did. I wanted better color representation, better DOF and better ISO handling. I won't touch my D300 these days unless you force me to.

So there you go.

All that said, in two years the crop-sensor systems will probably make my D800 look like a toy.

And THAT'S what you're seeing here as FF people looking like they are flubbing. they're not... really...It's just that as technologies advance you have to continue to re-evaluate your needs and then compare that to your budget.

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

only becuase the 85mm 1.4G

on the crop it is like 127.5mm and this is not very useful for me. (only portraits)

i like to shoot modelling photography in the sutdio and outdoors.
The 50mm 1.8g could solve that issue(75mm focal on d7000)

hi again

i need your advice,

im ready for the moving to FF and i have 2 options to choose.

D800 + Nikon 85mm 1.4G

or

D610 + Nikon 85mm 1.4G + Sigma 35mm 1.4

p.s

* i already have the Nikon 85mm 1.4G

thanks again!

D610....I would wait on Nikons 35mm 1.8g for FX being announced in January...

I understand that it is a decent lens..But you could run into some backfocusing issues until you adjust settings via the usb dock..
Its worth waiting to see what price point Nikon offers...

ok..

but nikon offers 1.8 and sigma 1.4 :)

Yea I know..But depending on what you are shooting..Focus is easier to miss..Usually say on a portrait, F2 to F3 gives you a nice sharp face..

ok..

but nikon offers 1.8 and sigma 1.4 :)

Nikon offers consistent, matching lens color rendition between lenses in each series; Sigma offers warm, yellow color rendition that no amount of white balance adjustment can ever totally eliminate. This is one of the things that separates the various lens "families". Schneider, Rodenstock, Zeiss, Canon,Nikon,Sigma,Tamron,Tokina...all have different color rendering characteristics.

Nikon and Tokina lenses tend to be coolish to neutral; every Sigma I have owned (four Sigmas, three of them expensive EX series or 'high-end Sigma',and one consumer, the 18-125mm DC) has been yellow. And again, no, you cannot just "white balance this out" to get the Sigma images to match Nikkor images.

Nikon is hard to beat..I might be alittle BIAS..

Most reactions

Back