Movie Review: Black Swan

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very weird, very good. Aranofsky doesn't let down. While the movie itself is technically about ballet, don't be fooled - it is a character study and kind of a study of pressure and nervous breakdowns. It's weird.:thumbup:

I would expect this to win several awards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always like to read your reviews Dmitri, thanks for sharing. I love movies so its always good to hear what others think.

I always like to read your reviews Dmitri, thanks for sharing. I love movies so its always good to hear what others think.

Thank you. Feel free to add your own opinions :)

I saw it tonight at a local "art house" theatre with a very "filmy" audience. Reactions were mixed...some negatives were heard...this film tries a bit too hard with a few cinematic devices. I don't want to spoil it for those who go see it. Overall, this film lacks the power and amazing filmmaking and editing found in The Fighter, which I thought was immensely better in terms of acting, screenplay, arc of story, and overall cinematic enjoyment. If one is a Portman or Kunis fan, Black Swan is a must-see.

Sorry, didn't think much to it at all. Left after about an hour. Got bored with trying to work out what was really going on, and it looked like it was going to stray onto topics that I really don't care to see. To think it was billed as a psychological thriller - wasn't very thrilling

The movie is definitely not for everyone, that's for sure. If you are one of the people who will pay $10 or so to see 'Little Fockers', there's a good chance this movie isn't for you. Those who have seen any of Aranofsky's past movies know what to expect, and he delivers IMO.

Derrel, I haven't seen The Fighter yet, but I look forward to watching it. I have heard great things about it!

The Fighter is a powerful film...Christian Bale's performance is Oscar-worthy. It is one of the best films I have seen in quite a few years.

Black Swan is a horror movie and it is directed by Darren Aronofsky and the stars of it are Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Vincent Cassel. For fans of Darren Aronofsky, Black Swan engages some of the director's best tropes.

another great movie by this interesting director... i really enjoyed this one

another great movie by this interesting director... i really enjoyed this one

He is definitely a unique director. I eagerly await his take on the next Wolverine movie.

I just watched this movie on my last weekend, Really nice movie and great direction. Best story and nice play role by all characters.
One of the best movie in this recent year.

i heard it was pretty trippy but it sounds really interesting i should go see it soon

I watched this the other night. I thought it was really good. You need to watch the whole thing though! Ya, it was a little different maybe a little twisted, but i liked it and thought it was good none the less.

On the topic of movies, i also thought they did a good job on True Grit. I haven't seen The Fighter yet.

okay, I will give True Grit a shot.

Most reactions

Back