Movie Review: District 9

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Weird movie. Did I like it? I honestly don't know. It was very interesting, and a creative twist on things. A bit corny at times, a bit silly, and a bit exciting.

A strange movie where there really is no good guy, no bad guy but complicated characters that are both.

Don't go see it if you are looking for a standard Hollywood action flick (or at least don't go in until the movie is half over). But do go see it if you want to see an original movie.

But do go see it if you want to see an original movie.
An original movie...what's that? :scratch:
It's been so long since Hollywood gave us one, I almost forget what they are. :roll:

But do go see it if you want to see an original movie.
An original movie...what's that? :scratch:
It's been so long since Hollywood gave us one, I almost forget what they are.

A movie that doesn't follow one of the standard formulas. :)

And those who have issues with camera shake (ie Blair Witch / Cloverfield style) be warned, this one may not sit well with you

Bringing this one back from the dead.

I just got this in the mail from Netflix, and was very impressed. I don't think I've ever seen a film that brought out the kind of emotion this did. I can't describe the movie itself, but I do know that it brought out genuine feelings of anger, disgust, sorrow, and at the end, happiness and content. I felt like I was watching a modern day Schindler's List, the way they basically tried to show an exaggerated opinion on how we act towards people that are different from us. I could name plenty of scenes and describe how I felt during each, but that doesn't have the effect of just watching it. Anybody else feel this way?

I just got this in the mail from Netflix, and was very impressed. I don't think I've ever seen a film that brought out the kind of emotion this did. I can't describe the movie itself, but I do know that it brought out genuine feelings of anger, disgust, sorrow, and at the end, happiness and content. I felt like I was watching a modern day Schindler's List, the way they basically tried to show an exaggerated opinion on how we act towards people that are different from us. I could name plenty of scenes and describe how I felt during each, but that doesn't have the effect of just watching it. Anybody else feel this way?

I agree it was hard to stick this one in any specific genre. I am looking forward to the sequel, whenever it comes along.

I agree it was hard to stick this one in any specific genre. I am looking forward to the sequel, whenever it comes along.

Best I could do is a sci-fi documentary....

Most reactions

Back