Movie Review: Splice

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had actually been looking forward to seeing this, and now that I have I can say that it was the stupidest movie I have seen in quite some time. It's one of those movies that is a good idea, but horribly done. Sorry, I can't find anything good to say about the movie.

I thought you got banned from a previous "movie review". This "review" (and I do use the term loosely) seems to run along a similar vein. Unsubstantiated.

Sorry, but your 3 sentenced "review" doesn't sway me one way or the other. I'll wait to see an Ebert review.

"Sorry, but your 3 sentenced "review" doesn't sway me one way or the other. I'll wait to see an Ebert review."

I appreciate your concern for the integrity of the word "review", and your attempt to create drama and strife where there is none. Clearly you didn't learn from the last thread, and so I have reported you. It really is a shame that some people feel the need to get offended by the use of a word, but I suppose people are people.

As for waiting for Ebert, good. He is a professional reviewer, and gets paid to write lengthy reviews - I am not. This doesn't seem like a difficult concept.

In the future, I would hope people who reply to threads have an interest in discussing the movie, or that they don't reply at all. But replying simply to whine and moan about a word? It's beyond ridiculous. Move on, troll.

(bleh, I had copy/pasted the entire definition of the word "review", but that would just be adding to the silliness. Here: Review | Define Review at Dictionary.com read at your leisure.)

A cleverly disguised expose on the challenges of parenthood, with riffs on abortion and the Electra complex thrown in for good measure, Splice is inventive enough that it's a real shame when it falls apart heading into the home stretch. I very much like this movie.

I see the mods found a way to combat the ad-bots :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back