Movie Review: The Adjustment Bureau

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking forward to this one, and I usually like Matt Damon movies but sadly this one was just silly.

Take all the excitement out of The Matrix and replace it with Serendipity, and that's this movie. If I'd realized that it was just a goofy romance, I wouldn't have bothered seeing it.

I hope Damon goes back to making good movies :er:

I liked it.

You really can't discount it purely because of the involvement of romance.

"The Princess Bride" is in my top 10 movies of all time, and that movie is chocked full of cheesy romance, yet purely awesome.

And while I wouldn't include The Adjustment Bureau in my top 10 list. It was a good one for me and my wife to get away from the kids and go see.

I did not care for the ending at all, but everything in between was good.

i saw it this past weekend and thought it was total crap!!!

I liked it.

You really can't discount it purely because of the involvement of romance.

"The Princess Bride" is in my top 10 movies of all time, and that movie is chocked full of cheesy romance, yet purely awesome.

And while I wouldn't include The Adjustment Bureau in my top 10 list. It was a good one for me and my wife to get away from the kids and go see.

I did not care for the ending at all, but everything in between was good.

oh, Princess Bride is also one of my favorites! But the Princess Bride in a class all by itself :) This film was Serendipity (which was only good for looking at Kate Beckensale) with gods/angels/aliens with hats trying to cerebral it up. It got 72%/70% (critics/audiences) on Rotten Tomatoes so I'm in the minority here, but I was really disappointed.

just to add, when the movie was over, my friend turned to me and said he had a bone to pick with the 72% approval rating on rotten tomatoes.

i think they were under some kind of obligation to let us know it was a romance film and also that there are elements of the movie that are sci-fi. the previews made it out to be some kind of conspiracy film about the government. but whatever. lol

just to add, when the movie was over, my friend turned to me and said he had a bone to pick with the 72% approval rating on rotten tomatoes.

i think they were under some kind of obligation to let us know it was a romance film and also that there are elements of the movie that are sci-fi. the previews made it out to be some kind of conspiracy film about the government. but whatever. lol

Exactly why I watched it! It was portrayed as a sort of thriller but I found it more leaning towards romantic comedy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back