moving out matters, again

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need your advice once again... so the sooner my moving out is, the more I worry about this. And I think more and more if I really want to move out... so... I wrote down all the pros and cons... please... tell me which of those are... sensless... or not... write what would you do and tell me why... please...

Pluses:
1. I will live on my own
2. I will learn how to live on y own :)
3. I will not worry that I will be criticised once again because I am late
4. I will not worry that I will be criticised by other things I do
5. I will have a total silence and nobody will interrupt me during studying!
6. I will be able to invite my friends to my home!

Minuses:
1. I will be still dependant financially on my parents (in 90% more less..)
2. I will have to leave my dog with my parents (he is not willing to move in with me - he is quite old and doesn't like living in a block of flats...here he has a garden and dog friends and family... )
3. I will have to do all the home duties on my own without any help.
4. I will be completely alone there... nobody else walking in the flat...

I can't think of other pluses or minuses right now... whats worse I am an only child of my parents and my dad is really ...well maybe not angry.. but we are very close to each other and he keeps on saying "you won't move out! never!"..you know how he feels....

guys... HELP! need any kind of advice! it's a serious matter! Carolyn? Corinna? ... TPF???

Let me tell you...moving out is awesome! I think you'll find you actually enjoy doing the housework around your pad, because it's YOURS! It's just different from doing it for your parents. And living alone is great too... you can listen to what you want, when you want...watch what you please on TV, decorate however you want, and not have to worry too much about keep up any appearances. I say go for it!

thank you Verbal!

I need to add that I am moving in a flat which belongs to my parents actualy. My parents are staying in home with my grandparents (they need a bit of care). but my parents already told me that they will not move there n future and bough this flat when grandparends were fully independent... so the flat is actually mine...practically speaking. and it's in the same city as my parent's home

Don't forget that if you have your own place, you can walk around naked.

I say go for it...if it's not too far away, you can still go home for supper or to do laundry etc.

laundry - definitely I'll do atmy parents' .. i don't have a washing maschine ... :p

Big Mike said:
Don't forget that if you have your own place, you can walk around naked.

I say go for it...if it's not too far away, you can still go home for supper or to do laundry etc.

...that's still my favorite thing about being on my own. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Seriously.

living alone is great.

do it.

I didn't actually live all by myself until I was 25, after I was already married and had two children I relocated for a job and lived in a tiny studio apartment for a few months. It was a huge change but I wish I would have done it earlier in life. :)

Alison said:
I didn't actually live all by myself until I was 25, after I was already married and had two children I relocated for a job and lived in a tiny studio apartment for a few months. It was a huge change but I wish I would have done it earlier in life. :)

seriously? you all make me feel more optimistic now... and I found one more plus... tehre is my favourite park in the nearby.. 30 seconds walk from my flat... so... I might be able to get up early and take some sunrise shots :D:D:D yay!
but.. i found also one more minus... I moving out so I will not have a car.. now I am borrowing the car from my mum, and we share it... soon I will be travelling by trams and busses all over the crowded city! :(

I don't know about your city, but in Toronto, public transportation can be the most entertaining thing I do all day. It can also be smelly sometimes, but generally it's entertaining.

bace said:
I don't know about your city, but in Toronto, public transportation can be the most entertaining thing I do all day. It can also be smelly sometimes, but generally it's entertaining.

it is smelly all the time and it's hot inside but I don't mind it too much. the only thing that scares me a bit is travelling in the city by bus at night - or evening in the winter when it's dark and cold.

bace said:

:lol: quite true

I don't know about your area/city, but generally speaking, I think it's pretty rare for anything to happen on a bus/tram or whatnot...if you live in a nice area, then I'd pretty much assume that you have nothing to worry about, as both the end result and the travel would be safe. The only worry would be where you start off from, and that depends on the city.

Going from someone who's sort of moving out as well (living near school with 3 friends, spending 90-95% of the year there for the next 3-4 years, before likely moving out totally after that), I'm excited as all hell, and though our situations are slightly different (just for the fact that I'm not totally alone), it looks like moving out will be an awesome experience.

Best of luck!

Get a little can of pepper spray.....if you feel scared hold it in your hand and if you need it, use it!! Mintily gorgeous one I think you will thoroughly enjoy being on your own.....besides the whole naked thing.....which is a big plus.......you can NOT do the dishes if you don't feel like it and you will love decorating in your own style and lots of great inspiration comes from spending some good alone time! Be brave my dear and you will never regret it! Being independent is a wonderful feeling! Good luck and have fun with it!!! : )

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

photo gal said:
Get a little can of pepper spray.....if you feel scared hold it in your hand and if you need it, use it!! Mintily gorgeous one I think you will thoroughly enjoy being on your own.....besides the whole naked thing.....which is a big plus.......you can NOT do the dishes if you don't feel like it and you will love decorating in your own style and lots of great inspiration comes from spending some good alone time! Be brave my dear and you will never regret it! Being independent is a wonderful feeling! Good luck and have fun with it!!! : )

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: awww thank you once again PGirly!
A few days ago I bought a bookstand..... and I already love this thing :) it looks great in my working room :D

This will be your opportunity to show your parents that you did listen to them, that you really do understood their concern for you and that they can be very proud of their adult, responsible daughter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back