Moving....

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, the fiance and I closed on our new house on Friday, and spent the weekend combining 2 apartments into one household. And will continue all week, and next weekend as well.

I am one worn out dude. It was record heat here all weekend, 99* both days, and heat indices well over 100.

So, you may not see much of me over the next few days, that's why.

Oh, and moving sucks. That is all.

My wife and I are about a month away from a big move, too. The process is awful, but it sure feels great once its over and you're settled into your new place! Enjoy it! :)

well .. I'll be probably moving in October...
100 ??? F? yeah... no celsius??!?!?!?!?

ey 37 C is not sooo much :p but I agree... for moving it is definitely too hot :p

mentos_007 said:
ey 37 C is not sooo much :p but I agree... for moving it is definitely too hot :p

100 is about 38*C. With our humidity, it puts the "feels like" at 105-110 or 40-43*C.

Also:

The electric company mishandled my transfer request. So now, I have electric at my apartment (which I no longer have access to,) and no electric at the new house (the previous owners terminated their account yesterday afternoon.) Will not be hooked up until Thursday. Jerks.

Moving sucks, no doubt. Sorry about the electric mix up. When we moved in April all of our utilities got mixed up, but luckily they didn't terminate service. Congrats on the new house!

I'd feel sorry for your 100F if it wasn't 110F here :p (43 C since mentos doesn't want to do the math :razz: )

Sorry you got screwed by the utilities co. We didn't have hot water for the first week when we moved into our house a couple months ago.

voodoocat said:
I'd feel sorry for your 100F if it wasn't 110F here :p (43 C since mentos doesn't want to do the math :razz: )

Sorry you got screwed by the utilities co. We didn't have hot water for the first week when we moved into our house a couple months ago.

LOL, I'm originally from NM. I know what 110 in the southwest feels like. I'd rather be there!!! LOL, this humidity is just brutal, and I don't even live in the "wet" part of Texas.

Thanks for the well wishes all. I just broke down and paid for a hotel room. A/C is just too critical at this point, I can't study when it's that damn hot!!

Congrats on the new place!

I'll be moving in about 36.5 days but who's counting? and what's all this talk about moving is crap?!

Moving is fun!! (See below why)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back