mpix.com question

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going to order some pics thru mpix.com and was wondering if when I order them and I choose the size I want for them (like say 5x7 or 8x10) will it tell me that the pixels are wrong/off for that size and won't let me choose that?

If that happens, do i just need to resize my pictures them to make them a bit larger? Or what should I do in that case?

Thanks for all the help!

I've never ordered from there...but I suggest that you crop and/or resize for the size & ratio of the prints you want...before you upload your images.

Stacey I sent a square picture off to www.foto.com to be printed on a 40cm x 53cm poster with the intent of cutting away the excess on the top and bottom, instead they zoomed in without warning and cropped my square photo back to a rectangle. So if it matters then do as the Big Mike unit instructs and crop before uploading. Some sites allow cropping after uploading but I dunno about mpix coz I've never used them.

If you send in a pic that is say 8x10 and tell them you're wanting a 5x7 it will show the image with a frame around it so that you can adjust where to crop. I prefer to do all this before hand so that there's no surprises. I'll go ahead and decide what dimensions I want, then crop it there myself with a 300dpi, save it, upload and print.

As far as having an insufficient size, I'm not really sure, but I think that it will warn if the file size is too small for a decent print. I always edit directly from the RAW file, so my 8x10 are about 3mb and 5x7 are about 1.5mb

They will warn you if your file size is too small... absolutely.

Still, unless you are shooting with a very small megapixel camera, or have cropped them without mercy, you should be just fine on something as small as an 8x10.

Most reactions

Back