MR. Migato

ivanz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
streets.jpg

Is this street photography? Many elements of story, contrast image, in the real world. Or is it just a photo of a couple people on the street?

this street photography? Many elements of story, contrast image, in the real world. Or is it just a photo of a couple people on the street?

I like this, it's got some interesting features, but to many non-essential elements cluttering the scene. By cropping tighter, on the right and maybe some off the bottom, you eliminate a lot of distractive clutter, and draw the eye in on the characters and sign.

I’d go the other way and crop the top to just above the ladies head and left side to just behind the mans head. And maybe a bit of the car.

I like the wet sidewalk and the reflections, I think that’s where the magic is.

@Rickbb I also leaned that way, but cropping the sign loses the image's namesake,though admittedly it's a toss up on whether the shadow or the sign holds the most value.

I like this, it's got some interesting features, but to many non-essential elements cluttering the scene. By cropping tighter, on the right and maybe some off the bottom, you eliminate a lot of distractive clutter, and draw the eye in on the characters and sign.
Thank you I see what you mean. Thank you for the well thought out reply smoke. It gives me something to work on.

I’d go the other way and crop the top to just above the ladies head and left side to just behind the mans head. And maybe a bit of the car.

I like the wet sidewalk and the reflections, I think that’s where the magic is.
I agree, the reflection is why I took the image. And I will try cropping it as you said. Thank you for your helpful advise. So is this street photography or just and image on the street? Can someone explain to me the difference. I've looked on line and it is very vage.

I don't think "street photography" has a strict definition. It's a photograph, on the street, of things and people on the street. In my book that makes it street photography. But I could be wrong, (often am, [are, is?]).

Can someone explain to me the difference. I've looked on line and it is very

As Rick said above there are no real definitions that I'm aware of. Many enjoy it, many don't, some seem to bridge the gap. Consider the iconic snap of the sailor kissing the nurse in Times Square, it's survived the test of time, yet many competent street photographers go unnoticed.

The lady looks thoroughly disgusted ( or perhaps tired ). Very interesting shot. I agree that a bit tighter crop would help. Good street photography is a niche that isn’t very easy, IMO. Member @Tuna is exceptional with this.

The lady looks thoroughly disgusted ( or perhaps tired ). Very interesting shot. I agree that a bit tighter crop would help. Good street photography is a niche that isn’t very easy, IMO. Member @Tuna is exceptional with this.
Thank you Dean. I Love tunas work also. Tuna has an eye for B&W that I admire. I'm just sticking my toe in the water to see if I can find a voice or not. Be well. Here is an edit, I'll call it lady and the tramp.
streeta2.JPG

Last edited:
It's a wonderful shot, especially for those of us who can't actually be there. I would leave the sign in at the top, and more of the reflection at the bottom.

It's a wonderful shot, especially for those of us who can't actually be there. I would leave the sign in at the top, and more of the reflection at the bottom.
Thank you Jeff. I've been thinking of doing a B&W set on abandon old cars, homes, ect. How we leave things of value behind here to find work outside the country and end up leaving all that our family's have worked for over the years. But I will have to get better at B&W first. What do you think? Be well friend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back