Mr Sparrow...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...granted me exactly ONE photo, then he must have HEARD the shutter through the window and took off:

HerrSpatzBeimFrhstck.jpg

Camera on set to 1/125 at f5.6 at 300mm; pic sent through the Auto Levels in PS, uncropped, downsized.
I shall try again to sneak up on him... ;)

I like this shot because it replicates the sort of view that I get when I look through my binoculars at birds.

Leave the window open :shock: !?!?!?
I crawled all across the floor of my living room towards that flower rack where my camera was positioned, slowly flopped onto my belly when I felt safe enough to do so, then crawled like that to my camera, slowly picked it up, took the pic, Mr Sparrow LOOKED :)shock: ) and ... flew away. And now the sun is shining nicely and neither he nor his wife nor his friends, nor the blackbirds, tits, finches come back :cry: ...

Nice one Corinna. Ya sure do have some timid birds there. Keep trying, and Im sure you will get another.

Nice shot Corrina! Lovely little bird - I like how you caught something in his mouth too! :thumbup:

LaFoto said:
Leave the window open :shock: !?!?!?
I crawled all across the floor of my living room towards that flower rack where my camera was positioned, slowly flopped onto my belly when I felt safe enough to do so, then crawled like that to my camera, slowly picked it up, took the pic, Mr Sparrow LOOKED :)shock: ) and ... flew away. And now the sun is shining nicely and neither he nor his wife nor his friends, nor the blackbirds, tits, finches come back :cry: ...

:lol: does anyone else hear "Mission: Impossible" music in the background?

love the short DOF in this shot corinna, keep stalking! :thumbup:

JTHphoto said:

The camera didn't leave me much of a choice with the shutter speed set to 1/125 and the zoom lens fully extended... But there were no more bird pics all day today, despite the food out there. But look at Mr Sparrow, he does not really seem to NEED all that much more food ;).

JTHphoto said:

^^^ Hee hee, the mental picture of you crawling along the floor like a recruit on manouevres has me in stitches. Only because I've done the same thing myself, with pretty much the same result: the bird watches in disdain 'til I'm in position,then turns and flies away. :lmao:

I'm glad I could make you happy, but this is how it was done, honestly!
Only now my 70-300mm lens is acting up again ... I need to take advantage of its "lucid" moments, and the moment came ... and went :(. And my sister's 28-200mm lens that she lets me have to replace my dodgy one is quite, quite dodgy by now, too ... she did not buy herself a new one for no reason :roll: --- well, eventually I'll get another of Mr Sparrow (or Mrs Sparrow?). And even more eventually I might even get myself a new zoom lens in good working order !?!?!?!? :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back