Mt Carleton Provincial Park (14 pics, 56k warning)

[JR]

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.warpt.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went on a backpacking expedition two weekends ago (June 1st - June 4th) at the Mt Carleton Provincial Park... we walked roughly 55 miles.

#1 - Random picture of a shed...

beach_shed.jpg

#2 - Dry Brook... this was at about 200m of elevation, the the brook starts at roughly 800m of elevation.

dry_brook_4.jpg

#3 - Further along the trail

dry_brook_5.jpg

#4 - Waterfalls, I didn't have a tripod so I had a hard time holding the shutter for too long.

dry_brook_6.jpg

#5 - Some more rapids

dry_brook_7.jpg

#6 - Two Canadian geese

geese.jpg

#7 - Lake Nictau, far east.

little_nictau.jpg

#8 - With the camera close to the water...

little_nictau_near_camp.jpg

#9 - View of the lakes on top of Mt Carleton... this one is way zoomed.

mount_carleton_view_nictau.jpg

#10 - Wider view, sorry for the crappy crop (or lack of :p)

mount_carleton_view_top_1.jpg

#11 - Around the other side

mount_carleton_view_top_2.jpg

#12 - Strangely calm... for somewhere always windy.

nictau_reflection.jpg

#13 - This waterfall is called Williams Falls, about 3 miles from the campsites.

williams_falls.jpg

#14 - Forgot to include this little guy... he was actually running, shame he was looking in the wrong direction!

camp_rabbit.jpg

EDIT -- Thanks LaFoto; I took the time to add numbers for the photos :)

BIG piece of advice to ANYONE: as soon as you post more than about 3 photos within ONE thread, please put numbers to your photos!
Makes commenting so much easier!

On my monitor (a bright one, admittedly) the first couple look a bit overexposed, all detail is lost in the whites of the water. Despite their greens (which, as most TPFers know, is my favourite colour) some hurt my eyes in their brightness.

I like the "way zoomed" view across all the lakes as seen off the top of Mt Carlton and the last photo of the bunny in the dandelion meadow (could the overall colour play a part in why I like this? :scratch: )

The photo of the Williams Falls also turned out well and is NOT overexposed. Good :D.

Bah, sorry. I can edit it if you wish, I was in a hurry... to take the pictures and to post them on here.

Thanks for your comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back