Mt Rainier pre-sunrise light

Was this just from the side of highway 161? That view is epic, it's hard not to look every time I take a drive out there.

Beautiful capture.

Yep, that's the spot, actually on the side road where they built those three new little 4,000 square foot cabins.. won't be like this for long because once they put a few more new homes in there you won't be able to see the lake.

Yep, that's the spot, actually on the side road where they built those three new little 4,000 square foot cabins.. won't be like this for long because once they put a few more new homes in there you won't be able to see the lake.

I was hoping those three were the last of them. I remember one of them with a for sale sign briefly. I couldn't imagine the price tag on those spots... If we can keep most of the fire service roads and state parks open to the public, I wouldn't mind that single view going away.

Thanks for the suggestions Tony S and Brickhouse.

That is a wonderful photo. I also have trouble getting myself up for anything unless it is work. So later this summer I plan on staying up later into the evening and finishing off my "days" around 5 or 6 PM and then waking up super early like 2 am or so to go shoot. I love night shots of landscapes and cityscapes so this would rock.

Actually the last two of those places went for a pretty reasonable price, cheaper than a house of the same size closer in to Seattle... 380ish. the builder lost his hiney on them paying a large amount for the lots.

Actually the last two of those places went for a pretty reasonable price, cheaper than a house of the same size closer in to Seattle... 380ish. the builder lost his hiney on them paying a large amount for the lots.

No kidding! I learned something today. I wish I could have been in the market then... It seems that houses go for around the same in South Hill, with comparable sq footage.

I find this shot mesmerizing.

Just a wonderful photograph, in my opinion.

Nice light! Been wanting to head back here, loved my visit up there.

Most reactions

Back