Mull, Scotland - landscapes

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I've just returned from my week on Mull and had an amazing time! Its an island just off the coast, near the highlands! What more can you say really. I thought I'd try my hand at panoramics and image stitching as I've never done that kind of thing before. I really really enjoyed it and ended up doing loads. When you end up with an image thats 10,000 x 6,000 the standard resolution of the D2x suddenly seems tiny lol! Not to mention the file sizes (385mb images anyone!!). Unfortunately as its my first time doing this type of stuff I had my polarizer on for a fair few so they sky looks a little off on some. These are a few of my favourites that came out ok though. I love they way you can see so far in to the distance that everything becomes layered, although it has a strange affect in the photos that some look like the sky could be superimposed although its not! Its just a trick of having bright sunshine were your standing and dark clouds and shadow a few miles off in to the distance! One thing I will say, Mull is one of the most colourful places I've ever seen. Even when its dull there are shades of green and brown everywhere. If its been raining everything seems to have this magical glow about it, and when the sun is out everything just comes alive. My favourite lighting was having bright sunshine all around us but shade and moody sky in the distance - enhanced all the more by the fact you could see for absolute miles at times!!

A couple of these are not image stitches, the ones that are standard photo apsect ratios are single frames. The others are anywhere from 2 to 10 images stitched taken with focul lengths between 24 and 400mm.

EDIT: Photobucket has automatically resized my panos to 800 wide from 1200 wide so they aren't as detailed as I'd have liked. Sorry folks.

pano3_done.jpg

PANO4-copy.jpg

Pano-6-copy.jpg

Pano-8.jpg

_RP03176.jpg

I took way more but I don't want to bog the thread down with too many shots! lol

These are some of my favs though.

Ohhhh, lovely!!! You're right, the shades of colour are wonderful. The second is my fave...those fluffy clouds against that pretty blue sky, the sun/shade mix, the road off on the left and the grazing sheep make for a peaceful image.

amazing stuff #4 is just beautiful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back