Multiple Exposures - How to re-align frames?

benjyman345

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi,

I know the techniques of creating multiple exposures but one of my film SLR cameras has automatic rewind which preents me from doing multiple exposures. (and no it does not have a multiple exposure mode which is a commonly written disavantage of this camera according to many review websites)

I also have a fully manual film SLR. Oviously I can manually rewind the film, but how can I be sure to get the frame re-aligned exactly... so that the second part of the image is directy overlayed on the first!?

Thanks

Which camera have you got?

I don't know if this will work on your camera, but I used to do it on my Nikkormat by pressing the rewind clutch before winding on between frames, while holding the rewind knob still. You have to wind the film tight in the cassette before you do this. This method allows the shutter to be recocked without winding the film on. You can achieve perfect registration this way, because the film does not move. I thought that it was the usual way of doing things, but I would not like to guarantee that it will work, or that it will not damage your camera.

Best,
Helen

Which camera have you got?

I don't know if this will work on your camera, but I used to do it on my Nikkormat by pressing the rewind clutch before winding on between frames, while holding the rewind knob still. You have to wind the film tight in the cassette before you do this. This method allows the shutter to be recocked without winding the film on. I thought that it was the usual way of doing things, but I would not like to guarantee that it will work, or that it will not damage your camera.

Best,
Helen

I have a Cosina CT1

Most reactions

Back