Multiple Exposures

John the Greek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was reading about this feature in my camera manual and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with taking multiple exposures on the same frame and its applications and situations where it would be helpful.

I was wondering how I could use this in still life.... just for a nifty experiment.
Like taking 3 exposures of a vase at different positions, having them all superimpose... maybe worth a shot to see how it comes out.

for my camera its much easier than that actually.. I just need to tweak the exposure compensation.
-1.0 for 2 exposures
-2.0 for 3 exposures
-3.0 for 4 exposures.... and so on.

A good techniques i've used for multiple exposures is to take a shot of a scene with maximum sharpness and depth of field, say for example at f32 and sharply focused, then take another shot open up to say f2.8 and de-focus and then take the same shot over the top.

It means that your shot comes out pretty bright with an almost surreal halo effect. I've got some good shots of woodlands like this.

It can also work in the way you mentioned as well, where you can move objects around and then take another exposure over the top, i've not tried it this way though so not sure how well it works.

I'll have a root around on my hard-drive and see if i can find any to post.

Hope this helps :)

Most reactions

Back