Multiple OCF light source picture thread

5466806583_9c328875f3_z.jpg

I only have one umbrella and stand so I used the the diffusion panel from my 5 in 1 reflector. The diffusion panel was camera low camera left and the umbrella was high camera right. Strobe left was at 20% and strobe right was at 63%

6527375173_c0830e9e23_z.jpg

Having some fun last night.... description straight from flickr.

Real American Hero by Tim Herschbach, on Flickr

The key light is an LP160 covered in black wrap in the shape of a cone with two small black straws poking out the end. It is basically a micro-snoot. It took some work to get them in the right place without them falling out of the wrap. They two straws are pointing right at his face from up and right.... kind of a very tight and hard down light.

I was going for a brown color on the background but didn't quite get there. It was a mixture of pink and orange. The light is right under the Joe zoomed wide.

There is another LP160 clamped to the kitchen counter behind and right with a CTB gel.

There is a 580EXII back and left bouncing off the wall for a very subtle separation.

This was done in my small, one car garage. I used two sb600s off camera fired with commander mode in the D90. One camera left in front of subjects at maybe 20 degrees(or less) and above about 45 degrees, shooting through an umbrella.

The second sb600 was camera right, just behind the subjects at 20 degrees(or less) at about chest height(only one light stand right now so an old tripod had to do!) shooting through the diffusion panel of my 5 in 1 reflector.

My background was equally as "put together" as the rest. I had about 30ft x 4ft of some black fabric that we used to make the bottom of my sons sandbox. I think it is some kind of gardening fabric you lay down before wood chips or rocks.

These were all shot with a D90 with the good old nikkor 50mm f1.8 af-d.

Here is a diagram of the setup. But with a black background.

6614246805_635be94e10_o.png

6611408731_ae14af6c0c_z.jpg

6611408183_d6ed57bc98_z.jpg

6611408591_c8d198f62e_z.jpg

6611409097_aeb5839ef0_z.jpg

recent headshot session..

2 X sb700's bounced into backed white umbrellas
2 X sb700's barndoor'd on background

SAP_4724-Edit by Spoe70, on Flickr

Let's bump this thread! Light underneath an air handler vent sitting on a glass top table. Two lights above. And some old family cameras I still enjoy using.

SRW_2513.jpg

45" reflective umbrella camera left for Fill metered at f/6.3, 7" reflector with 10° honeycomb grid camera right metered at f/10. Background metered at f/13.

i-4M8sCJx-XL.jpg

for this one i had a vivitar 285hv inside the freezer and one in behind the subject high and shooting through an umbrella triggerd with paul c. buff cyber syncs

Icyy by Travis Pietsch, on Flickr

for this one i had a vivitar 285hv infront of the car, and i had a alien bees ab1600 shooting through a 47" octabox camera right to light the subject triggerd with paul c. buff cyber syncs

Xavier & his Whip by Travis Pietsch, on Flickr

for this i had a vivitar 285hv shooting through an umbrella camera left, and then a vivitar 285hv camera right shooting bare bulb triggerd with paul c. buff cyber syncs

Khuong by Travis Pietsch, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back