Muscovy Duck & GBH

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've never captured a Muscovy Duck (male & female I think) and I wish they had been in direct light for better pics ( I don't do nature flash) but here's a couple none the less, along with a great blue heron that's also in the shadows. Just crappy light, sorry. Taken with my Sigma 105 mm macro/portrait. If nothing else, I think the lens captures detail pretty well.
369 (2) pp.jpg

400 (2) pp.jpg

109 (2) pp.jpg

wow some red eyes on the duck.. very nice photos

One of the sharpest digital photos I ever saw in the decade of the 2010s was shot with a sigma 105 mm macro, and not surprisingly it was of a rooster which also had a lot of red on its head, much as does your ugly Muscovy duck.

One of the sharpest digital photos I ever saw in the decade of the 2010s was shot with a sigma 105 mm macro, and not surprisingly it was of a rooster which also had a lot of red on its head, much as does your ugly Muscovy duck.

Thanks Derrel and I agree, they are ugly but interesting. I'm wondering now if there's a purpose for all the lumpy red.
Edit: Nothing found on that but I did find this: "They are often raised for their meat, which is used for various culinary purposes by humans. The taste of the meat is often compared to that of expensive ham." - Animal Spot

Last edited:
Nice shots, I"ve never seen one of those before either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back