Music Inspires

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at this type of a shot :er: - I'm hoping to get feedback on what I did wrong/right.

Musicinspiressmall.jpg

(my boyfriend playing guitar)

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
i think it looks pretty good. the lighting is really nice.

I have a feeling people will possibly mention the fact his elbow and the headstock and the body of the guitar are slightly cut off, as being a fault, but it doesnt bother me too much, i think you've got away with it. I like the way the neck divides the two halfs on a diagnal

*EDIT*

also looking back on it i think a bit of back light would have improved this photo too. Just to bring out a few outlines that have blended into the background

ClarkKent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not an expert by any means, but the only thing that really bothers me is that I cant differientiate between the background and the hair. I think that I would have to agree maybe that a little background light my have helped.

nitefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rawmusicians.com
ClarkKent said:
I am not an expert by any means, but the only thing that really bothers me is that I cant differientiate between the background and the hair. I think that I would have to agree maybe that a little background light my have helped.

I agree with you :)

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I disagree... I think that the blending of the background/hair/guitar body makes a really neat effect. The one thing that bugs me with this one, however, is the edge of the strap that you can see... it just seems a bit out of place there.

OP
Taralyn Romero

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the feedback! I'll definitely try to be more aware of the backlighting next time around - these shots are definitely a little tricky for me so far.

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Photos NOT OK to edit

Agree. But good shot otherwise! :thumbup:

NJ

aammoore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

CrazyAva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.avapadgett.com
Photos OK to edit
I think a couple of minor things would make this shot really pop. 1) The part of the strap you see just above the guitar almost in front of his face. 2) a hairlight will separate the background and his hair, I find it very distracting when the hair and the backdrop are blending like that. 3) this one is just kind of a personal opinion, but I think if you are going to cut things off, crop it tighter. I look straight to the cut off elbow.

I like the whole idea, other than the lack of the hairlight, the lighting is good. Pose is good.

Most reactions

New Topics